Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy wrote:

Hi,

I would like to write a little automatic routine in R, but i am a too much of a beginner for that. I will appreciate any help regarding this particular problem.

Let’s suppose I have a data.frame with j columns (from 1 to n) and i rows (from 1 to p). I would like to write a procedure which reads every column j (j from 1 to n) and compare each value with the interval [0,1]. If z(i,j) is less than 0, then replace z(i,j) with 0. If z(i,j) is greater than 1, then replace z(i,j) with 1. If z(i,j) is inside the interval [0,1] then don’t change. In the end I would like to have a new data.frame with the new values.

I am not sure how complicated or long such a procedure might be, so I will be very grateful for any help.

Thank you in advance,

Monica

If all columns of your data.frame are numeric:

z[z<0] <- 0
z[z>1] <- 1

Uwe Ligges