Uwe Ligges wrote:
Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy wrote:

Hi,

I would like to write a little automatic routine in R, but i am a too much of a beginner for that. I will appreciate any help regarding this particular problem.

If all columns of your data.frame are numeric:

z[z<0] <- 0
z[z>1] <- 1

For added fun, you can wrap any of the methods given on the list into a function. For example:

 hardLimit <- function(z, min=0, max=1){
   z[z < min] <- min
   z[z > max] <- max
   return(z)
}

 Then you can do:

 z <- hardLimit(z)

 if you want to overwrite z, or:

 y <- hardLimit(z)

 to create a new data frame.

Note how the default min and max arguments are 0 and 1, and make the function more flexible. You can also do:

 x <- hardLimit(z, min=-1)

 and that sets everything below -1 to the value -1.

Welcome to the world of R development!

Baz