In a very crucial way (for me anyway), the version selection for Mac OSX 10.5.x is **more** complete than for Windows because a 64-bit version is available. It runs beautifully and my only unsolved difficulties have been in getting RGL to build. I do not think those difficulties are insurmountable.

It would not make any sense to download the Mac versions through Windows, although it may be possible.