Hello,

I'm working with a friend on a problem where we'd like to simulate
many possible trees that all have the same topology, but differ in branch
lengths (or equivalently in node ages).  We have a known age for the root,
and all tips correspond to extant taxa.  So the start and end times are
known.

I'm wondering if a function to produce random branch lengths under
topological constraints already exists?  If not, I'm trying to dredge up my
foggy "knowledge" of stochastic processes to write the simulation myself.
 I'm thinking that maybe I remember under a Yule process sojourn times are
distributed exponential so event times should be uniformly distributed???
 But then I got pointed toward "Yule priors" which I still
don't satisfactorily understand (but maybe eventually will) after a few web
searches.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance--
Andy