Dear fellow list users,

I would like to assess the magnitude of phylogenetic signal in two sets of
continuous data. Set 1 contains numerous zeros and is therefore non-normal. Set
2 contains very little variation and is non-normal due to underdispersion.
Given that both data sets are largely immune to transformations to normality, I
am wondering whether the lambda estimates for untransformed data derived from
phylosig and fitContinuous will be meaningful? If not, can you recommend
transformations or other methods of phylogenetic-signal assessment that would
be preferable?

Thank you very much,

Nina

Dr. Nina Hobbhahn