You can test for anti-signal using the randomization procedures of:

Blomberg, S. P., T. Garland, Jr., and A. R. Ives. 2003. Testing for
phylogenetic signal in comparative data: behavioral traits are more labile.
Evolution 57:717-745.

See page 719.

Cheers,
Ted

Theodore Garland, Jr., Professor
Department of Biology
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA 92521
Office Phone:  (951) 827-3524
Facsimile:  (951) 827-4286 = Dept. office (not confidential)
Email:  tgarl...@ucr.edu
http://www.biology.ucr.edu/people/faculty/Garland.html
http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=iSSbrhwAAAAJ

Inquiry-based Middle School Lesson Plan:
"Born to Run: Artificial Selection Lab"
http://www.indiana.edu/~ensiweb/lessons/BornToRun.html