Matthew,

I am reviving this 6-week-old discussion about
raco and runtime paths.

That time, I did not go through with it on Windows.
In my Windows build, I used raco ctool without the --runtime
option, leaving the library tied to absolute paths in the system.

Now I am willing to accomplish the self-contained build.

Here is what stops me:

raco ctool --c-mods src/base.c ++lib racket/base ++lib mylib/my-lib --runtime ./runtime

copy-and-patch-binaries: not enough room in executable for revised #rx#"rUnTiMe-paths[)]" table
  context...:
   C:\Program Files\Racket\collects\compiler\distribute.rkt:383:4: loop
C:\Program Files\Racket\collects\compiler\distribute.rkt:18:2: assemble-distribution11 C:\Program Files\Racket\share\pkgs\cext-lib\compiler\commands\ctool.rkt: [running body]
   C:\Program Files\Racket\collects\raco\raco.rkt: [running body]
   C:\Program Files\Racket\collects\raco\main.rkt: [running body]

I use the latest nightly build from Utah.
Without the --runtime option, it works.
On Linux, it works with --runtime or without.
All the other issues raised in this old thread (linking etc.) were
resolved by you 6 weeks ago.

I recall that I had that "not enough room in executable" problem
more than a year ago with raco distribute, and you advised to put
some extra dots to the #"................." string in
"collects/compiler/embed.rkt" to remedy it.
However, later you reworked that module so that there
is no such string there anymore, so I do not know what to do.

Regards,

Dmitry