Hello,

I'm trying to make some changes to the built-in plot package and I'm following
the instructions from this thread to get a local git clone of the package:

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/racket-users/eP6QLUD8DlA/tQbRDlCQEwAJ

My platform is Windows with Racket 6.8 64 bit installed.  I'm running the
command:

    raco pkg update --catalog https://pkgs.racket-lang.org plot

This command takes about 30 minutes to complete and appears to re-built the
entire documentation.  After running the command, however, the entire Racket
installation is broken.  Running DrRacket fails with several messages like this:

    Error invoking tool #<path:C:\Program
Files\Racket\share\pkgs\drracke\drracket>;"syncheck.rkt"

    add-child: child already exists with this path: '("Colors" "Check Syntax")

Running raco from the command line fails with the same kind of "registered
twice" messages (I can post them if anyone is interested).

My question is: what is the procedure for working on built-in racket packages?
(without having to rebuild the entire Racket distribution)

Thanks,
Alex.