On Sunday, April 9, 2017 at 10:52:48 PM UTC+8, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> Meanwhile, I expect that you can repair the installation by deleting
> "share/info-cache.rktd" and running `raco setup`. Alternatively, the
> snapshot from Utah at
>
>   http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/
>
> should also behave correctly (and does for me), since that snapshot is
> built on a virtual machine running Windows.

Hi Matthew,

Removing "share/info-cache.rktd" and running "raco setup" did fix my
installation.   Thanks for that.

After that, I managed to clone the plot package using the following command:

   raco pkg update --clone plot https://github.com/racket/plot?path=plot

I could not run just "raco pkg update --clone plot" as the repository path is
stored as "git://github.com/..." and my proxy settings don't allow connecting
to github via SSH.

Unfortunately, the above command has resulted only in the plot package being
linked to the repository:

    $ raco pkg show -l
    Installation-wide:
     Package              Checksum                                    Source
     main-distribution    a1f1a5d5ec746afb1d5cdfa664afaa0acf045cc9    (catalog
"main-distribution")
     plot                 89e46e8b5b8f992538891fd65788c20c62a22847    (clone
"E:\\Alex\\t\\Racket\\plot\\plot" "https://github.com/racket/plot?path=plot";)
     racket-lib           da688040bffb69e8f1f7730634e4eeafac436914    (catalog
"racket-lib")
     [190 auto-installed packages not shown]
User-specific for installation "6.8":
     [none]

However, the plot package only references the useful packages (plot-lib,
plot-gui-lib) inside the repo, but these are not used from the cloned copy.
How do I get these packages to be used by Racket in place of the built in ones?
I'd like to avoid cloning plot several times.

Thanks,
Alex.