On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 7:10 AM, David Storrs <david.sto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It sounds like an interesting and useful project.  What would you want this
> solution to do, exactly?

The last public hack job I did using graphviz is something like this:

https://heroku-blog-files.s3.amazonaws.com/posts/1488278436-new-architecture.png

As you can see, it gets the point across, but it's not ideal from a
visualization stand point. From a creation standpoint it's great! You
basically declare the relationships, and a drawing comes out.

https://gist.github.com/apg/8c3c8b0bed910faa272aa9e8d6b4f718

My goal is probably somewhere in between in terms of layout. I want a
bit more flexibility, but a decent amount of help with layout. And, I
want a lot more flexibility, and a nice set of primitives for the
actual nodes themselves.

Jens' metapict, and pict itself probably provide enough to take a
serious stab at recreating that diagram more manually, and seeing
where it falls flat, so I'll try that as an exercise next week and
report back.

http://www.apgwoz.com