I use Neovim and I'm working on a Racket client for it:
https://gitlab.com/HiPhish/neovim.rkt

One of the cool features Neovim has over Vim is that it provides an API for
remote processes; a client application can connect to the editor and they
can communicate with each other. What that means in practice is that my
Racket client allows you to write Neovim plugins in directly Racket. This
would make it possible for example to re-use parts of DrRacket to write
analogous Neovim plugins without having to re-invent the wheel. I don't
know much about Emacs, but from looking at Racket Mode it looks like almost
70% of it is Emacs Lisp. With a Racket client for Neovim the plugin could
be written (almost?) entirely in Racket.