I generally use DrRacket for all my Racket dev because it "just works
(tm)". I have sometimes used other editors for it, and the main things I
miss from those usually are autocomplete (DrR has this but it's always been
way too slow for me so I never turn it on), more detailed syntax
highlighting (like royall Spence's examples), rainbow parens, and perhaps
most importantly of all: Parinfer.

Parinfer makes Lisp editing vastly less painful, though DrRacket is pretty
good about visualizing bracket containment so that missing parens at least
are easily spotted usually. restructuring code and so forth though is just
so much more pleasant I find with Parinfer, especially the Atom version's
auto-reformatting (something I miss even in my favorite, VS Code!).

for the most part though, DrRacket always seems to just be "good enough"
that having everything in one easily accessed tool is worth what minor
conveniences I miss out on.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Robby Findler <ro...@eecs.northwestern.edu