I agree that success stories are helpful. I'll go one better — I think it would
be great to have a section of the main Racket website devoted to these stories
that show who uses Racket and how / why (inside & outside academia). This could
be done in an interview-style format, like Jesse Alama's recent book about
language-making in Racket [1]. Photos also. I would be happy to contribute
design & layout if a sufficiently motivated collaborator — you, Neil? — wanted
to conduct the interviews & gather the material.

I find the idea of doing language advocacy *on* Hacker News (or Stack Overflow,
or Quora, etc.) to be weird. Not because I'm a curmudgeon. But rather because
it's inherently low-leverage, and misses a lot of the people who are
persuadable.

[1] https://languagemakers.net/anthropology/