On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 06:18:30AM +0100, Jesse Alama wrote:

> I've had some moderate success in established, non-Racket companies by
> working around -- rather than taking on and trying to replace -- the main
> language & toolchain. For the PHP shop where I work, I made a DSL called
> Riposte [1] for testing HTTP APIs. It has become, in time, the de facto tool
> for such things. Thanks to Riposte, all developers have Racket installed on
> their workstations, even though I'm the only one who knows Racket and can
> fix problems with the tool.

Not for Racket, but for Scheme:  Gambit makes a great scripting
language for C and C++.

At a Lisp-related conference a few years at, there was a paper
describing a  200,000-line C/C++ program that got Gambit grafted
on.  Subsequent development found it often better to add
functionality to the Gambit scripts than to rewrite existing
C/C++ code.  Within a few years the entire system was vastly
smaller, and faster as well.

An example of gradualism.  Perhaps the application was ideally suited to
it, perhaps not.  I don't know.

-- hendrik