A possible alternative to Google would be to host this group as a forum on
a public Fossil repository.

Fossil is a source control system similar to Git. But unlike Git, a fossil
repo can include its own forum (as well as wiki and issue tracking), and it
has a built-in web interface. A Fossil repo is contained in a single SQLite
database file, so there's no separate DB engine to monitor, and
backups/migrations are dead simple.

The Fossil project itself uses a forum-only repo to host its own forum, you
can see it here: https://fossil-scm.org/forum/forum

Fossil can send email updates (per-message or daily digest) to users. The
only thing we would lose by this arrangement is the ability to reply to a
post by email.

It seems to me this would be a good, simple way to both enable and archive
Racket discussions in a permanently usable format.