On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 18:24:47 -0500
Neil Van Dyke <n...@neilvandyke.org> wrote:

> Yes, I did another look for Racket last year, and desktop GUI toolkit
> options generally seem to have have actually gotten fewer and worse
> since the move of most of the money to Web and handheld apps.

Yes, very sad. :-(

> We need to advertise this selling point for Racket: "Our syntax is
> not too strange!" :)

Maybe it's, for some, strange, but, otoh, it is simple and I always appreciate
simplicity as general value. :-)

> What I've done recently, as aggregations of existing components, for
> a retro smartphone UI, seemed mostly straightforward (and in this
> case was mostly a kind of coding that one can do for hours without
> having to think hard, so maybe it's a relaxing evening after a day of
> intense high-stakes software engineering :) (unreleased, for now)
> https://www.neilvandyke.org/postmarketos/

This sounds encouraging!

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal
vision a learned and gentle brāhmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog