I had a related (but different and small) concern about the new dependency a while ago (this was off-list), but it sounded like that risk was covered, and also that Matthew has really gotten into the Chez code.

BTW, sometime around when the move to Chez settles, it would be good if many people were somewhat familiar with current Racket internals.  (Personally, I know a little of it, from writing C extensions, and from occasional intense optimizing, but I should take a fresh look, and the Chez move seems like a great time.)

BTW, students, especially: if you've not yet been on a few projects in which you've looked at diffs for every single change (maybe by having them emailed), it's a learning experience, giving you a better feel for the system and its evolution and the process, and Racket might be a good one for that.  Discussions around changes, too, if you have access to those.  I might soon do this myself, for Racket and/or Chez upstream, although it feels suspiciously like work. :)

P.S., Yay, RISC-V! :)