Matthew Flatt writes:

> Personally, while my contributions to Chez Scheme so far have been
> modest, I have already factored into my costs the worst-case scenario
> of fully maintaining Chez Scheme as used by Racket. Even if that
> happens, it still looks like a good deal in the long run.

That's nice to hear (though I hope it doesn't need to happen).
Part of the reason I haven't been too worried is that in conversations
with you it's sounded like the goal of Racket-on-Chez has also been to
allow for *multiple* backends (eg, I still think a Guile backend would
be interesting some day).  That seems like it reduces the risk
substantially.