Sounds like you're going to take a wait-and-see attitude, which sounds
wise to me, but you are also welcome to participate in the discussion!

As for adopting-new-syntax vs backwards-compatibility, does it help if
I were to tell you that anything new will always be "opt in", in the
sense that existing programs will continue to work completely
unchanged with no special annotations or anything else like that
required? There is the issue of documentation that others have raised
and how various writings about Racket might change to show example
programs -- that may well change depending on how successful the
new-syntax venture is, but Racket has been committed to backwards
compatibility in a way that few programming languages are. There are
piles of lecture notes (in the form of slide presentations written in
Racket) from the late 90s (so not in any continuous integration system
anywhere, as far as I know) that still run fine in today's Racket for
example.

Robby