Hi Radiance Developers (Greg),

I often find myself oversampling an image by as much as 8 times to render
smooth penumbras. I wonder if it would make sense to add an option to
Radiance that would allow users to force additional direct samples when
they want nice penumbras (assuming that -dj is non-zero). Then when I want
a final image that is 1200x800 I don't need to render it at 9600x6400 and
filter it down, I could render at 1200x800 and request 64 direct samples
per light source to get the same smooth penumbras.

Would this actually help me, or is the time difference between rendering
9600x6400 with 1 direct sample to rendering 1200x800 with 64 direct samples
negligible?

Andy