Am 2016-03-14 16:51, schrieb Guglielmetti, Robert:

Ah! I did not know that. I had ASSumed that yours was the only Windows
version, and so when we started the GitHub mirror we just rolled our own
rvu, thinking there were no open source options at the time. I have no
idea where the source for that Desktop Radiance rvu might be.

The sources to both winrview and winimage are sitting here on my
disk. I don't think the DR team changed anything relevant after
my fixes.

Unfortunately, my old contract with LBNL does not cover
redistribution in source form. To make this possible, we'd need
some statement from them that those programs can be considered a
part of the normal Radiance distribution and fall under the
"Radiance open source license".

@Greg, are you entitled to make such a statement?

We updated qtrvu to use Qt5 a while back; specifically, we recommend Qt
5.3.2 for building OpenStudio, and that version seems to work fine for
qtrvu as well. Yeah it's definitely a little rough around the edges but
it's useable.

I've played with the Qt4 tool for SCons on linux a bit.
But I didn't get far, probably because Suse installs Qt in
different places than the tool expects.

But now I'll fetch the Windows libraries and the Qt5 tool.
Has it actually ever been built on a non-Windows system?

-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/