Am 2016-03-15 03:40, schrieb Gregory J. Ward:
The sources to both winrview and winimage are sitting here on my
disk. I don't think the DR team changed anything relevant after
my fixes.

Unfortunately, my old contract with LBNL does not cover
redistribution in source form. To make this possible, we'd need
some statement from them that those programs can be considered a
part of the normal Radiance distribution and fall under the
"Radiance open source license".

@Greg, are you entitled to make such a statement?

I think so.  I'm generally the gatekeeper to the Radiance source tree,
and can "welcome" new code that is offered.  Since LBNL contracted you
to develop it in the first place from what you say, this should not
present a problem.

Actually, it was developed by LBNL (or by other contractors for LBNL),
and licensed to me as part of "the computer program(s) described in
attached exhibit A and known as Radiance (LBNL reference number
CR-1266/1387/1667/1668/1669)".

But that only reinforces your point, so I'll go with your statement.

That brings us to the practical questions.
Should I just commit two new subdirectories to CVS?
But that would probably be the most "official" solution.

It's not production code at the moment, and most certainly won't even
compile with the current version of Radiance. I'd rather treat it as
a kind of rock quarry of concepts and ideas to use when doing it right.
It won't interact with any of the build systems though, and maybe it
doesn't need to be included in the nightly HEAD downloads either.

-schorsch

PS: Darn, just started snowing again here...

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/