Well, it took me a while to figure out where the rabbit went, but it looks like
the folks at Kitware did build the "qt" driver in the standard way, linking it
with rvu albeit in another directory.  I don't remember the conversation on
this, but it might have something to do with separability and keeping the C++
and Qt dependencies out of the main folders.  The file qtrvu/qt.c handles the
interface between rvu proper and the driver routines, which are all in C++.

I'd like to follow a similar strategy if we want to replace the Qt driver with
something more native, rather than reproducing any of the non-driver sources in
the rt directory for a Windows-ready edition of rvu.  I don't have a problem
including the new sources in the rt/ directory, though I'd prefer not adding
too many new modules if we can avoid it.  I think the rvu x11 driver is
contained in 4 modules.

-Greg