John, you weren't kidding when you said deployment is tricky even with SSH! I tried, unsuccessfully to deploy radiant with and without SSH. I think a more detailed explanation in the radiant installation guide on deployment would be extremely helpful. I'm confused about such areas as why you would setup and use the production database on your local instance of radiant (doesn't this defeat the purpose of three database levels?) and why the database.yml instructions for mysql explain to use socket: instead of host: (ie. how could you test pointing to your production database on a local radiant instance with socket ?)

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

-Cory

On 8/3/06, John W. Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Luis Lavena wrote:
>> What Web host are you using? Perhaps something like
>> http://www.hostingrails.com/ would work for you?

I set a friend up on one of their accounts recently. Dunno how good they
are, but it's cheap. There are similar options for Rails hosting if
money is a problem.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com