Hello Radiants (is that the correct title?),

i want to build a website for a client with Radiant. I started with the
third install option of Radiant - the full featured blog layout of
Radiant. However this site should be a 'classic' website, not a blog, so
i want to include a navigation bar on the left side. My - annoying (?)
newbie questions - are:
1.) Is it possible with Radiant to have a left side bar, too (together
with the existing right side bar of the blog layout)?
2.) Can i use this new sidebar as a navigation bar or exists other
Radiant specific constructs for this purpose?
3.) Are there other 'best practice' to follow or has anybody hints to
consider for this task (building a simple navigation bar in Radiant)?

Thanks in advance for some help!

Greetings,
Andreas Semt