On Apr 3, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Sean Cribbs wrote:

>  That said, it sounds like either 1) you have installed Radiant from
> the gem without unpacking or 2) something else is messed up with the
> paths/configuration/etc.

I have had extreme problems getting this to work. I installed 0.6 as a
gem, and when I ran unpack, I got an endless supply of permissions
errors when trying to run the resulting unpacked radiant. I discovered
svn, and found it to be easier (hah!).

Could someone please advise me (slowly, in words that suit an extreme
ruby-nuby) how to best do the following:

Install Radiant 0.6 as a Gem.
Create a Radiant instance site.
Modify _that site only_ with new/modified/different Extensions.

My goal here is to understand how you could use the Gem version and
extend it on a site-by-site basis without digging into the code in the
gems directory. Is that possible?

I have a fundamental lack of knowledge about Gems proper, and that's
probably where my education needs to start. Could anyone point me to a
place where I can learn?

Thanks,

Walter