My biggest gripe with most online photo management apps is that even
if you have access to the server via FTP, you must individually
select each file to upload.  I can see Radiant excelling in this
capacity with well designed rake tasks for whatever image extension
takes the lead in this capacity.

Has anyone written a rake task to do a bulk import from the local
server filesystem into the Gallery Extension?  I'm planning on
developing one myself (and then making it public, of course) if no
such task already exists.  But as a novice Ruby/Rake user, I'd like
to make sure I'm not repeating anyone else's work.  :)

-Matt