The scope of 0.7 has not changed, but we have a lot of enhancements yet
to do to 0.6, IMO.  One major thing is the discovery and installation of
extensions, half of which I wrote at RailsConf.

Asset management is an issue that I think everyone wants a different
solution for.  I primarily wanted to be able to put images in my blog
posts and I liked the interface John had mocked up, so I emulated it
with page_attachments.  Gallery takes a more asset-focused approach and
makes it easy to display lots of images.  It's also pretty easy to
roll-your-own.  There's power and flexibility in the diversity of
approaches here, and I don't think we've reached the 'standardization'
stage.  In fact, in some ways I hope we never reach that -- it could
mean a hugely bloated piece of software.  And there are better software
out there for asset management than any extension in Radiant could achieve.

My $0.02.

Sean