Jonathan said the following on 10/03/2010 08:26 PM:
> At one point I did get a 404 with the message "Power by Radiant", or
> something similar. But, lately, I've just been getting Apache 404's.
>
> The page in question is here:
> http://dev.heresjonnie.com/radiant-test/admin/login,
> if that helps any.

1. You're running under Phusion_Passenger/2.2.5 which has many
   constraints which you should understand.

2. The 404 is because the error page cannot be accessed.
   Its really incidental and irrelevant to the root cause, which is:

3. You real problem is this:

      You don't have permission to access /radiant-test/ on this server.

I *very* strongly suggest that you *learn* Radiant by running it on your
local machine.  That way you don't have to deal with all the constraints
your service provider imposes; you have complete control and visibility.
 You can make changes that are not possible in a provider's environment
and you can try out suggestions we offer much more easily since you have
"root" control.

Part of the reason I suggest this is that the errors and difficulties
you are facing have nothing to do with Radiant and are *ALL* a result of
the provider's environment.  You are going to have to wade though the
RoR/radiant logs, the Apache logs (which may not be accessible to you)
and the system logs to do debugging in that environment.  Whereas
running locally you only have to deal with with the RoR/radiant logs.

--
The deepest sin against the human mind is to believe things without
evidence.