Hi Richard,
I have had some reports of simlar odd behaviour from recent versions of the
mysql client libraries. So You might consider dropping back some revision
level.

Also I notice that there is something odd in the syntax you are using:

> Fri Apr  2 10:50:17 1999: ERR: Execute failed for 'Select PASSWORD,
> IDLETIME, SESSIONTIME, SIMUSE, LOGONTIME, STATICIP, from Subscribers
                                                    ^
                                                    ^ bogus comma

> Where USERNAME = 'rhawley' and STATUS = 'A'': You have an error in your
> SQL syntax near 'from Subscribers Where USERNAME = 'rhawley' and STATUS
> = 'A'' at line 1

May I see your config file (no secrets)?

Here we run
Msql-Mysql-modules-1.1828.tar.gz
DBI-1.02.tar.gz
Radiator 2.13.1
mysql-3.21.33b.tar.gz

without any problems.

On Apr 2,  2:22pm, Richard Hawley wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) New radiator setup
> I am setting up Radiator 2.13 on a new box and I am getting the
> following error.  The accounting is working fine.  I checked the select
> statement in my radius.cfg file by loading mysql and typing it in by
> hand and it works.
>
> sending Access-Request...
> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
> 'from Subscribers Where USERNAME = 'rhawley' and STATUS = 'A'' at line 1
> at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Radius/SqlDb.pm line 154.
>
> Log at trace 4
>
> Fri Apr  2 10:50:17 1999: ERR: Execute failed for 'Select PASSWORD,
> IDLETIME, SESSIONTIME, SIMUSE, LOGONTIME, STATICIP, from Subscribers
> Where USERNAME = 'rhawley' and STATUS = 'A'': You have an error in your
> SQL syntax near 'from Subscribers Where USERNAME = 'rhawley' and STATUS
> = 'A'' at line 1
>
> The accounting start and stop test worked fine.  What am I missing that
> is causing this error.  I know its not an error in the select statement
> because it works manually.  So it must be a perl module I am missing?
>
> Radiator 2.13
> Msql-Mysql-modules 1.2009
> DBI 1.06
> TimeDate 1.08
>
> ..Rich
>

> ===
>-- End of excerpt from Richard Hawley

Platypus, Freeside, external, etc etc on Unix, Win95/8, NT, Rhapsody