Hello!

I am very new to Radiator and encountered this funny problem and is
wondering if anyone can help me with it. I am using Radiator-2.14.1 .

Basically, I have an Ascend MAX 4060 which allows users to dialin in and
access the Internet via PPP. Windows95 users have no problem dialing in
via the dialup networking BUT users who manually dialin and then type PPP
at the ascend% prompt after they have logined are given this message :-

       Requested Service is Not Authorized!

I used to have no problems when using Radius-2.x .

Here is my corresponding /etc/raddb/defuser file which I included from my
radius.cfg :-

DEFAULT Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Framed-MTU = 1500,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

And here is my radius.cfg :-

Foreground
LogStdout
DbDir /etc/raddb

<ClientListSQL>
        DBSource        xxxxxx
        DBUsername      xxxxxx
        DBAuth          xxxxxx
</ClientListSQL>

<Log SQL>
        DBSource        xxxxxx
        DBUsername      xxxxxx
        DBAuth          xxxxxx
</Log>

<Realm DEFAULT>
    MaxSessions 1
    <AuthBy SQL>
        # Adjust DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth to suit your DB
        DBSource        xxxxxx
        DBUsername      xxxxxx
        DBAuth          xxxxxx
        AuthColumnDef   0, Encrypted-Password, check
        # You may want to tailor these for your ACCOUNTING table
        AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
        AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
        AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
        AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
        AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
        AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-Address
    </AuthBy>
    <AuthBy FILE>
        Filename /etc/raddb/defuser
    </AuthBy>
</Realm>

Does anyone have any idea how I can solve my problems? I need to solve it
urgently.

Many thanks for your time and assistance!