Hello Chen -

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Chen Shiyuan wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am very new to Radiator and encountered this funny problem and is
> wondering if anyone can help me with it. I am using Radiator-2.14.1 .
>
> Basically, I have an Ascend MAX 4060 which allows users to dialin in and
> access the Internet via PPP. Windows95 users have no problem dialing in
> via the dialup networking BUT users who manually dialin and then type PPP
> at the ascend% prompt after they have logined are given this message :-
>
>        Requested Service is Not Authorized!
>
> I used to have no problems when using Radius-2.x .

Which Radius is this?

> Here is my corresponding /etc/raddb/defuser file which I included from my
> radius.cfg :-
>
> DEFAULT Service-Type = Framed-User
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
>         Framed-Routing = None,
>         Framed-MTU = 1500,
>         Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

I notice in your DEFAULT user above that the only Check item is

        Service-Type = Framed-User

This will never match a command line request from the NAS. Also note that many
NAS's (Cisco's notably) also require a Reply item of

        Service-Type = Framed-User

in addition to the rest of the Reply items.

> And here is my radius.cfg :-
>
> Foreground
> LogStdout
> DbDir /etc/raddb
>
> <ClientListSQL>
>       DBSource        xxxxxx
>       DBUsername      xxxxxx
>       DBAuth          xxxxxx
> </ClientListSQL>
>
> <Log SQL>
>       DBSource        xxxxxx
>       DBUsername      xxxxxx
>       DBAuth          xxxxxx
> </Log>
>
> <Realm DEFAULT>
>     MaxSessions 1
>     <AuthBy SQL>
>       # Adjust DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth to suit your DB
>       DBSource        xxxxxx
>       DBUsername      xxxxxx
>       DBAuth          xxxxxx
>       AuthColumnDef   0, Encrypted-Password, check
>       # You may want to tailor these for your ACCOUNTING table
>       AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
>       AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
>       AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
>       AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
>       AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
>       AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
>       AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
>       AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
>       AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
>       AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
>       AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
>       AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
>       AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-Address
>     </AuthBy>
>     <AuthBy FILE>
>       Filename /etc/raddb/defuser
>     </AuthBy>
> </Realm>

I also notice in your <Realm DEFAULT> that you do not have an AuthByPolicy
declaration - this means that you will never execute the <AuthBy FILE>.

See Section 6.19.1 in the Radiator 2.14.1 reference manual.

> Does anyone have any idea how I can solve my problems? I need to solve it
> urgently.

hth