Hello Chen -

> > > I am very new to Radiator and encountered this funny problem and is
> > > wondering if anyone can help me with it. I am using Radiator-2.14.1 .
> > >
> > > Basically, I have an Ascend MAX 4060 which allows users to dialin in and
> > > access the Internet via PPP. Windows95 users have no problem dialing in
> > > via the dialup networking BUT users who manually dialin and then type PPP
> > > at the ascend% prompt after they have logined are given this message :-
> > >
> > >        Requested Service is Not Authorized!
> > >
> > > I used to have no problems when using Radius-2.x .
> > >

> > Which Radius is this?
>
> Radius-2.0.1 from Livingston.
>
> > > Here is my corresponding /etc/raddb/defuser file which I included from my
> > > radius.cfg :-
> > >
> > > DEFAULT Service-Type = Framed-User
> > >         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
> > >         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
> > >         Framed-Routing = None,
> > >         Framed-MTU = 1500,
> > >         Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
> > >

> > I notice in your DEFAULT user above that the only Check item is
> >
> >     Service-Type = Framed-User
> >
> > This will never match a command line request from the NAS. Also note that
> > many
>
> Hmm... if I am making use of the authentication to a MySQL database, what should
> I put in my "defuser" file for the DEFAULT entry? Auth-Type=SQL ?
>
> What should be the "normal" and necessary stuff that I should put in my defuser
> file?
>
> > NAS's (Cisco's notably) also require a Reply item of
> >
> >     Service-Type = Framed-User
> >
> > in addition to the rest of the Reply items.
> >

> > > And here is my radius.cfg :-
> > >
> > > Foreground
> > > LogStdout
> > > DbDir /etc/raddb
> > >
> > > <ClientListSQL>
> > >   DBSource        xxxxxx
> > >   DBUsername      xxxxxx
> > >   DBAuth          xxxxxx
> > > </ClientListSQL>
> > >
> > > <Log SQL>
> > >   DBSource        xxxxxx
> > >   DBUsername      xxxxxx
> > >   DBAuth          xxxxxx
> > > </Log>
> > >
> > > <Realm DEFAULT>
> > >     MaxSessions 1
> > >     <AuthBy SQL>
> > >   # Adjust DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth to suit your DB
> > >   DBSource        xxxxxx
> > >   DBUsername      xxxxxx
> > >   DBAuth          xxxxxx
> > >   AuthColumnDef   0, Encrypted-Password, check
> > >   # You may want to tailor these for your ACCOUNTING table
> > >   AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
> > >   AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
> > >   AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
> > >   AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
> > >   AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
> > >   AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
> > >   AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
> > >   AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
> > >   AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
> > >   AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
> [...]

I think we should take a look at your problem from the beginning, as I am not
clear on how you wish to operate Radiator. Could you tell me what information
you wish to keep in your SQL database? And what other information you require?
Also what different types of users you have and what they are allowed to do?

I will be able to answer your questions much more directly with the above
information.

thanks