Hello Jeff -

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Jeff Baldwin wrote:
> >%_I am wishing to run radiator so I can authenticate from multiple user files
>dependent on realm
> my wholesale dial-up in order to offer and ip/ip tunneling solution that I also need
>they say one of
> us needs to be running Livingston radius and they are running merit. The
> following user profile contains the variables they need back and I need to
> find out what I can do to edit the dictionary file so I can pass back a
> Livingston variable from radiator or if it can be done at all. >  >  >

> DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
>         Service-Type = Framed-User,
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>         LE-IPSec-Outsource-Profile = "xstop",
>         Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
>         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
>         Framed-Routing = None,
>         Idle-Timeout = 600,
>         Session-Timeout = 28800

It is certainly possible to do what you wish, although I am not quite sure I
understand what you are meaning to do with your wholesale dialup.

However, setting up different realms to use different users files is quite
straightforward:

<Realm some.domain>
        <AuthBy FILE>
                Filename %D/users.some.domain
        </AuthBy>
</Realm>

<Realm another.domain>
        <AuthBy FILE>
                Filename %D/users.another.domain
        </AuthBy>
</Realm>

You can also edit the dictionary file using any editor that you prefer, but you
will need to know what the attribute definition is that you need to add before
you can do it. The dictionary file is just a normal text file, nothing magic.

hth