Hello Frederic -

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Frederic Faure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I gave up on using radacct.cgi since I understand it requires your to
> create user accounts on the Radius server to match those in MySQL and
> create ~/cgi-bin/.htaccess and .htpasswd simply so that a user can only see
> his accounting infos. The whole point of outsourcing user accounts to a
> DBMS is precisely to avoid having to customize the Radius server itself,
> and keep all user infos in one place.

You do not have to create user accounts anywhere other than the Radiator
database. If you are running Apache, you can configure it to use Radius
authentication with the Pam Radius module to check usernames and passwords. You
are quite correct in wishing to keep all user information in one place.

Have a look at section 11.3 in the Radiator 2.16.3 reference manual.

regards