Hello Ron -

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Ron Hensley wrote:
> Greets.
>
> I've just migrated from Cistron to Radiator. Just about everything is setup
> to work as it did
> with Cistron except for blocking by Unix Group.
>
> DEFAULT Group = "ssby", Auth-Type = Reject
>         Reply-Message = "Error: Email Only Account, Please use your dialup
> account username!"
>
> DEFAULT Group = "seaston", Auth-Type = Reject
>         Reply-Message = "Error: Email Only Account, Please use your dialup
> account username!"
>
> That worked in Cistron but wont in Radiator. (In the users file of course)
>
> In my radius.cfg I use AuthBy File and use a users file which has AuthType =
> System Checks.
> A few uses who get static ips, and the rest a default clause to login and
> let the NAS dynamically
> assign ips from its  own pools.
>
> Somewhere along the way i need to Reject mail account groups as defined in
> the /etc/group file.

An ordinary AuthBy FILE does not understand Groups, so you need to use the same
technique as for your other users, something like this:

# Define DEFAULTs to reject certain Groups

DEFAULT AuthType = System, Group = "ssby", Auth-Type = Reject
Reply-Message = "Error: Email Only Account, Please use your dialup
account username!"

DEFAULT AuthType = System, Group = "seaston", Auth-Type = Reject
Reply-Message = "Error: Email Only Account, Please use your dialup
account username!"

hth