From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: den 20 mars 2001 10:08
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: IMPORTANT - Re: (RADIATOR) Performance with RADIATOR

hi all,

first, thanks to all for the recommendations.

The first step was to discard that LDAP was decreasing performance.
We change Authby LDAP2 for a Auth by File and no improvement was obtained.

So, the key is MySQL tunning.

We drop old tables and created new ones with Radiator218-goodies-script
mysqlCreate.sql.
It seems to introduce a new index for RADPOOL.

We repeated the test (I was really excited!) but no improvement was
obtained. :(

The next step was to run two instances of Radiator (auth/acct) and no
improvement was obtained.

As Andy says, probably a hard tune of mySQL will be needed.

Hugh: you say that an improvement of 80 r/s can be obtained running the
new-db-creation-script. Anything else is needed?

I can assure you that if Radiator can reach 80 request per second
constantly, it will our new AAA software upgrade.

I will notify to the list all the results obtained during this day and the
canges we made.

regards,
jules