p88l;456158 Wrote:
> @Justme: A bit of a pity the radio doesn't have the server built in like
> the Touch
>
> How do you know this? It wouldn't suprise me if the Radio runs
> SqueezeOS (Jive) just like the Duet Controller, which gives some
> possibilities...
>
> I do not know what you exactly mean by "Server", also cannot find any
> info on the Touch running as server.
>
> Maybe someone from Logitech can explain?
many of the posts -- especially in the Touch forum -- since the new
products were announced last week. SB Touch runs a stripped-down version
of SqueezeCenter, which has been called "TinySC" during the development
period, although eventually it will have some other name.

The beta versions of SB Radio do not run "TinySC", and there would be
little gain from doing so because the SB Radio has no provision for
connected storage. The SB Touch, on the other hand, has a USB port to
support external USB drives or flash drives, as well as an SD slot. The
Touch is capable of making the music on the USB port or SD slot
available to other SB players on via its on-board server software.

--
aubuti