p88l;456220 Wrote:
> So there is SqueezeOS running, but not much use for a server (because no
> USB).

Radio doesn't have the CPU horsepower and memory that will be available
on Touch.

SC runs on Touch but requires some optimizations.  Radio does not have
as much CPU and memory so it is not able to run SC.

> Is this also open for everyone,just like with the (duet) controller?

Yes, via SSH.  Radio and Controller are very similar - same size screen
(though landscape on Radio and portrait on Controller) and I suspect
similar processor and memory.

> A few years ago I developed the software for the touch-screen remote
> control used in CitizenM hotels. I chose Linux, SDL en Lua for this
> development, so I should be able to find my way around ;)

Controller, Radio and Touch all run SqueezeOS and SqueezePlay with
different skins, and you can have a play around with SqueezePlay on the
desktop.  You'll need to radically pare down SC to run on Radio or
Controller though - it would be easier to start from scratch probably.

--
Mark Lanctot

Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta),
SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch
(late beta)
Sold: SB3, Duet