Well, first let me say that I love my SqueezeBox 3 (now "Classic"). I
look upon it as the single best investment I ever made regarding hifi
and geek devices I bought in my lifetime. I'm so happy with it that I
told all of my friends, colleagues and family about it and several of
them now consider buying the Touch.

The outstanding functionality and software support over the years for
the SB3 was the main reason for me to buy the radio although I was
completely aware at this point that the software was a little buggy.
This is also the main reason that I didn't return it: I'm pretty much
convinced that the guys at Logitech will fix the software issues.

Then again, the software problems are much more serious than I
originally assumed. There are several issues which affect the core
functionality as an alarm clock. While they don't make the Radio
unusable for that purpose, they are more than annoying and could easily
scare customers away. I'm not even sure if I would call the current
software a legitimate beta software. It's more like an alpha version
where some features work, some work sometimes, some don't work at all.
While I understand that it was a marketing decision to release the Radio
in this immature state, it was really a bad decision that could hurt the
reputation of the Squeezebox product family and also the sales of the
upcoming Touch.

At least I can't seriously encourage anybody I know to buy the Touch
when it comes out and I'll have to look for a different Xmas present for
my sis. Considering the much more complex software of the Touch, it's at
least very probable that it will be plagued by even more problems.

--
0xdeadbeef