Guys,
For the most part, it's the same people that brought you the Boom,
Classic, Duet, that brought you the Radio.  We do obsess about this
stuff, believe me.  Or ask my wife -- or any of our wives.  We spend
obscene amounts of time trying to get things right.  We're all very
proud of the Radio, although there are some issues we still need to deal
with.

Remember, the Squeezebox Classic (and thus Boom) had several years to
mature to get to the point its at now.

We didn't go the cheap route on just about anything.  Well, I guess
button backlights got cut due to cost, but really, there's not much else
(You wouldn't believe how much it costs to make backlit buttons).
Audio didn't take *any* cut at all.  Moving to a color LCD is
*definitely* not a cost reducing measure.  It's a feature increasing
measure.  Adding battery support is definitely not a cost reducing
measure.  Once you get a battery, you'll wonder how you got along
without it.

There are certainly some enhancements that we should put in the
software to make things easier and better, but the idea that we are
cutting corners in the design process is simply wrong.

Please, give us a bit of a break, let us fix up the issues that you're
worried about.  We're worried about them too.  We care.

-Caleb

--
ccrome2

Caleb Crome
Sr. Hardware Engineer
Logitech SMBU  (i.e. the Squeezebox people)

<B>The future is here.  It's just not widely distributed yet.</B>
<I>-William Gibson</I>