kphinney;495012 Wrote:
> Mom and Dad are only as technologically savvy as my ability to visit.
> They have no always-on computer, no MP3, FLAC, ALAC, or WAV files, and
> absolutely no FM radio reception (NNY).

Sounds like my parents and my mother in law...

> Can I set up a SB Radio for Mom in the kitchen using my laptop and walk
> away after Christmas expecting her to be able to use it for Pandora,
> Slacker, and SqueezeNetwork without too many tech support calls?

I would think so.  If the mother in law didn't need some other stuff
more, the Radio would be her Christmas present.

> Am I so comfortable with the SD/Logitech devices that I'm over
> estimating my Mom's ability?

I don't think so.  If you remove 'local library' from the picture, and
all that entails (tagging, tagging, more tagging, fixing tags, etc) it
gets pretty simple for 'net radio' type things.  MySB has a very nice
selection of radio and radiolike (slacker, etc) type.

> OOH -- can I remotely configure and fix her SBRadio?

I guess with portforwards on the router, you could ssh in...

But I don't think there is much you could fix that a reboot or smacking
the router wouldn't fix.  (or in my case at work, rebooting the cable
modem... the router didn't fix it..)

--
snarlydwarf