> Strangley not all of them seem to work (perhaps due to errors in the
> opml feed or content being removed?).

if using the opml on MySB - then the OPML feed will be processed by
MySB server based in Germany and perhaps BBC will not supply the UK only
podcast through this servers.

Try the OPML feed URL as a Favorite on your SBS.

> I find this business of switching between the local SBS (for BBC
> iPlayer/Extras, my music) and MySB.com (for the BBC app for live radio)

Two solutions to avoid switching.
1. Use the live streams on BBCiPlayer
2. Install BBC App when connected to SBS

> Finally it would be great when there is some standardisation on what
> the BBC provides - for a novice it's tricky to know what to use.
> (perhaps I'll write a SB wiki page when I've finally worked it out
> myself!)

The BBCiPlayer written by Triode (not Logitech) use an XML feed from
the BBC. BBCiPlayerExtra written by bpa (not Logitech) uses RSS feeds
from BBC.  BBC App written by Logitech uses WMA URLs .  Posdcast player
fromLogitechs using a BBC OPML feeds.

Standardisation is difficult since BBC haven't got a single uniform
source of programs (XML, RSS, OPML and URLs) and you have 3 authors.

--
bpa