toby10;514631 Wrote:
> Sometimes the audio will stop when initializing Sync, but then they
> should all Sync and play fine.
> What are you trying to Sync?  Local music on your computer?  Internet
> Radio?  Music Services?
> Unless the one player on WiFi is getting a bad/poor signal it should
> not matter for Syncing.
> Maybe try it wired temporarily to see if that resolves the issue?

Thanks for the suggestions.  I may try putting the Radio on the wired
network as a test, but I should say, I've poked at it enough that I
think the problem is not completely trivial.  The SB Radio works fine
just by itself over wireless, streaming local music, internet radio,
music services (Pandora), etc.  It just fails sometimes when synched
with one of the wired SBs.  To make it even odder, sometime it'll play
an Internet Radio promo fine and then fail when it cuts to the program.

I'm in crowded space on the wireless side--I can see many networks--so
I believe the wireless link is somewhat degraded, but experience shows
the network works well enough to stream to the Radio without the synch
algorithm in the path.  The bandwidth test showed it was working fine up
up to 1Mb/s or so, with a little degradation measureable at 2Mb/s.

So, now, speculating madly, :)  I wonder if something odd is happening
in the synchronization algorithm when I've got connections of vastly
differing quality to SBs in the same synchronization group.  I'm a
little intrigued by the connection to promos: cuts in the program, e.g.,
after the promo, is usually where an audio streaming protocol would make
an adjustment to the playout buffer.   Is there anyone expert in how the
playout buffers in the devices are tied together?  Are there any
parameters for me to play with besides the  "Synchronized Players
Startup Delay (ms)" ?

--
Mezzaluna