wolfman69;516119 Wrote:
> Not to hijack.. but thanks for the info guys. I'll download the 7.4.2
> tonight so that I can get the backup alarm function...
>
> I basically had the same issue now twice which has turned my wife off
> of loving my new toy.
>
> The first alarm failure was due to a power glitch during a snowstorm
> and my wireless router did not come back up properly for some reason...
> so the alarm did not go off the next day (had the blue wireless gauge)
> and we were both late for work...
>
> Lastnight, my PC acting as the SB server (though I could have sworn I
> was connected to MySB before going to bed..) got patched by MS and was
> rebooted. The alarm this morning did not go off (blue wireless icon
> again) but luckily due to the first instance I had set my wristwatch
> alarm to go off as backup.
>
> So I got the huge speech this morning during breakfast "Why did you go
> spend all that money on a fancy dancy alarm clock that you can't even
> trust to go off in the morning???" Since my justification for getting
> the SB was that it would replace our current crappy alarm clock (wasn't
> 7 day alarm capable) and the shelf audio system I had on the head board
> that she hated...
>
> So having a reliable alarm function is critical for the WAF "wife
> acceptance factor"...

Have had the radio for close to two months now and have never had one
issue with the alarm going off (relied on by my wife and I for work).
Note that I have the radio connected to my network via ethernet
(wired).

Also, even if my PC goes off due to a power outage, it is set to
automatically reboot.  Finally, I have set squeezebox server to
"automatically run at system start".  Thus, even if the power goes out
at night, as long as there is power by morning, the alarm functions.

If anything, this is more reliable than my old "normal" alarm clock,
because if there was a power outage with the old clock, the clock would
need the time (including the alarm time) to be re-set.  Unless I woke up
to see it flashing when the power came back on, I would not know.

--
eap