Mnyb;526647 Wrote:
> Afiak there is software bug in radio, this is possible to fix. In fact
> it was working then they broke it, water tight test program there ;)
>
> There is also bugs with SB3 and BOOM re this remote, but a reboot cures
> that for a couple of weeks or something, probably also possible to fix.
>
> Now they have no choice but to fix as they have the same partnumber no
> end-customer can easily tell them apart.
>
> And logitech can not distinguish between them as spare part, so you can
> get any of them when you order one :-/

One has to wonder at the bright spark who said lets use a remote that
uses one shot instead of continuous transmission mode. No doubt it was a
bean counter, trying to save a few cents per thousand units! Only he has
ended up spending many more $'s on coders trying to fix the problem.
(rumour has it that he's now been promoted, and shares an office with
the guy who gave the "new" remote the same part number as the old one).
Now if this was down to me, I'd put a digital lock on the door, one
thats designed to use  continuous transmission mode, and give them the
remote that uses the one shot transmission mode. :-)

--
RussellMrgn

Squeezebox: Classic/SB3, Duet, Boom x3 and Radio.
Server: Noah Blk Mini-ITX Case, Intel D945GCLF2 Atom 330 Motherboard, 2
GB 667 RAM, X2 Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB 2.5" H/D's Internal.
Ext Backup: DAS 200 with X2 Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB H/D's
Raided.
OS: WHS.
Ripper: dBpoweramp.
Running 24/7 Looks good and works well!