mpower9 wrote:
> I emailed Audible to request that their audio books be available on
> Squeezebox devices. This is the answer I got:
>> The Manufacturer of this device has chosen not to make this device
>> compatible with the .aa file format. To make a device compatible with
>> the .aa format means supporting our encryption, this protects the
>> publisher’s copyrights as well as implementing key usability features,
>> such as section navigation and resume playback.

> I guess we would have to request Audible support as an enhancement.

That's not going to happen. The SqueezeBox folks decide to not support
DRM'd files. Audible's use of .aa files is specifically to provide DRM
through encryption.

I have no problem with Audible chosing to implement only DRM, as I
expect it would not be possible to get the Publisher's approval without it.

I also see zero chance that any SqueezeBox would support DRM. The music
industry forced early 'net publishers to use DRM, and the public revolted.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/