Redsvg;541752 Wrote:
> I purchased a SBR to replace a very nice Receptor radio to use mainly as
> an ALARM!!  I find that it activates at seemingly random times AFTER the
> intended time, so it is useless to me.  I was otherwise happy with the
> radio and thought I may have been setting it incorrectly, but after a
> few days of careful use realize the alarm function is faulty.  I have
> read the other threads about alarm problems and am running firmware
> 7.5.0.  I finally called support and the nice gentleman admitted that
> it is a known bug in a "beta" feature!!  How can Logitech advertise
> this radio as having an alarm when it is known to be problematic and is
> in "beta" testing??!!  It is unuseable for me for the main reason I
> purchased it, but because I waited until after 30 days to investigate
> it (I'm at 42) they will not take it back! So goes my long respect for
> and purchaser of Logitech products.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...  anyone who believes the
alarm system will get better through the process of bug-fixing is
kidding themselves.  While Logitech doesn't seem particularly
interested in spending the engineering cycles necessary to fix alarms
to begin with (I've rarely seen a less responsive company, to be
truthful), they probably couldn't really fix/band-aid the alarm system
as it exists today properly anyway.  The alarm problems manifest on the
surface are genuine indications of the foundational problems underneath.
It won't be possible for Logitech to stabilize the alarm system without
first changing the basic nature of how alarms function.

For more details you can see post #14 in this discussion:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=77883&page=2

The alarm system will be 'beta' (and untrustworthy, in my opinion)
until it is rearchitected from the ground up.  It will also continue
toward greater instability every time the functionality is touched, due
to how unstable the foundation is.  Mark my words...

--
Marc