Personally if I'm deceived buy a company that made future promises about
a product they are hyping with the intent to convince me to buy it, then
I feel like I am ripped off.  Doesn't everyone?  Shouldn't the matter be
that simple?  It doesn't matter if they took my money explicitly for the
battery (which they did BTW), they made a promise about the
functionality of the radio with the intent to sway my purchase. When I
make that initial purchase based on that claim and then they don't
deliver, they ripped me off.  Is that really hard to understand?

--
Nazgul