It's about time these Forums had a better moderation policy.
Self-moderation in its current form is blatantly no longer working.

Maybe we should adopt the same approach as that now used for Bug
Confirmation...

Or perhaps we should just have a separate sub-forum for ranting, and a
few more Mods. I have no problem with peoples right to free speech...

On the other hand, I really don't appreciate being told what these
forums allegedly are for by people who have only just joined them!

This is supposed to be a "community" - it says so at the top of the
page.

The normal rules of "communities" apply - if you don't like the
"community", join another one or start your own...

com·mu·ni·ty (k-myn-t)
n. pl. com·mu·ni·ties
1.
a. A group of people living in the same locality and under the same
government.
b. The district or locality in which such a group lives.
2.
a. A group of people having common interests: the scientific community;
the international business community.
b. A group viewed as forming a distinct segment of society: the gay
community; the community of color.
3.
a. Similarity or identity: a community of interests.
b. Sharing, participation, and fellowship.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio